I probably should have titled this blog differently since I read another blog that was entitled Tender Mercies, but it fits so well. Those of you who don't know, Drew and I have been trying for nearly 2 years now to start our family. This has been a very difficult and heart breaking trial. Each month for the past 2 years have been a crying fest, especially this last month. The news that our IUI didn't work was so hard on both Drew and I. Although it has been hard, I am grateful that I have noticed the blessings that have come from this trial and the things that Drew and I have learned over the past 2 years.
As I said earlier, this last month was the worst that I've taken the news that I'm not pregnant, which brings me to the title of this post--Tender Mercies. I have recognized the tender mercies of the Lord in my life. In fact, randomly, a sister in my ward told me of a blog that had posted about the tender mercies of the Lord and it was such a great comfort to read this and to have it lead me to a conference talk by Elder Bednar. I needed this comfort, especially since I have been struggling with this trial.
I looked back and noticed other times that the Lord's tender mercies have blessed me through this trial. A tender mercy is when Heavenly Father inspires others to say the perfect thing to you at the right moment, or to send you to a blog or website that will help you find answers, or to come across the perfect scripture to give you comfort, or to hear a talk that you feel was made for you. Those are just a few of the tender mercies that I have had through this trial. I feel it has been my Heavenly Father reaching out through others to let me know that he is aware of me and my struggles and that He loves me.
Another tender mercy that I felt I recieved was a conference talk that was given this past October. It was entitled Waiting Upon the Lord by Rober D. Hales. Through this talk I was reminded of the scripture that talks about how all these things shall be for my good and give me experience. Also, I thought that this talk was perfect for me because just a month or so before conference I came across a scripture in D&C 98:1-3. This scripture talks about how our prayers have been heard by our Heavenly Father and that they shall be granted if we wait upon the Lord. Well, here I was sitting in my family room and this talk couldn't have been more perfect or given me more comfort. "To wait upon the Lord means to hope, to anticipate and to trust. This requires faith, patience, humility, meekness, long-suffering, keeping the commandments, and enduring to the end."
I know that Drew and I will be parents whether it be in this life or the next, I know that we have been given this promise. I also know that my Heavenly Father loves me and that my Savior lives, "He lives to wipe away my tears." "...in my Gethsmane, I am not alone. He that watches over me shall neither slumber nor sleep. His angels here and beyond the veil are "round about
me to bear me up"
Thank you to all of you and your prayers in our behalf and thank you for being an instrument in God's hands to lift us up and share his tender mercies with us.

2 comments:
Lyndee, it's been a while since I've checked your blog, and I'm so glad I did today. What an inspiring message you wrote. You are a wonderful person of great faith who has helped open my perspective a little more. Thank your for sharing.
Lyndee, I have the deepest empathy for you. Not many know the heartache of this trail. I can tell that you are much further along on your spiritual path then I was at this point and time during the fertility process.
I have a wonderful book I recommend, "Infertility, Help, Hope and Healing" by Kerstin Daynes. The author holds a support group once a month in Lehi.
Also, to help you with your next IUI I recommend considering acupuncture. There is an acupuncturist, Dan Clark, in Alpine that will work with the fertility center. Here is a link to check out his website. http://lotusspringacupuncture.com/ I pray your fertility journey will be shorter then mine. Also, that you can always keep this positive perspective of how Heavenly Father is continually blessing, comforting and supporting you through this trail.
If you ever need a shoulder to cry on once a month, I'm there for you.
Post a Comment