Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Jul 10, 2008

Our Sandlot Tussle

Drew and I are in a softball league together and we had a very eventful game this week. The game had started out pretty great with Drew smacking the ball right out of the park! (Home Run Baby!) Then I finally hit the ball far enough for me to make it to first base! (I got to run home, which I had not yet done this season!). Then Drew and I both got hit with the ball and got some nasty bruises to show for it!


Then all of a sudden the game took a crazy turn. Our team was up at bat and Drew was acting as the 3rd Base Coach. This petite, cute girl got up to bat and like me rarely got to first base. Well she hit the ball straight to 3rd but it stayed in field, and the Ump yelled "Fair" so she ran her heart out to first base. But the 3rd baseman didn't agree and she screamed "FOUL" then Drew said "No, I think it was fair." And man, she lost it, she first flipped off the Ump, then whirled on Drew and got in his face and then began the stream of profanities. Drew was in Shock, he just stood there with his hands up like hey, Whoa, what's goin' on. I was standing behind Drew behind the fence and let's just say that it was a good thing that fence was there, because I was pressed up against that fence screaming at the lady who was screaming at my hubby. I said things like "Don't you dare yell at my husband! He has no say in the call! Your screaming at the wrong person" Well then my yelling was interupted by this big burley guy (The pitcher) coming towards me yelling "Don't you dare talk to my sister like that" even though I wasn't saying anything mean to her, I was just trying to stop her from yelling at my husband. Well when Drew saw him yelling at me, he stepped in and said "Hey man we're just her for a friendly game, let's just play ball." So then the pitcher whirled on him and pointing his finger at Drew yelled "Stay out of this! You have nothing to do with this! NOTHING!" (This last part, he was shaking he was so angry) Well the Ump finally yelled "Hey one more word and your team forfeits" so our team just laughed it off, because it was so rediculous and we ended up kickin' their little bums.

Like I said, It was an eventful game! Go Offsides!(Our Team Name)

3 comments:

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

wow that little girl seamed so mean. I am sorry. Sounds like you guys won anyway. I hate stupid people!

The Pyper's! said...

ha ha! That is so funny! I agree with Shaliseee I hate stupid people!

Heather said...

Wow. That is insane! Good for you for standing up for your man!