Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Feb 25, 2009

I CAN'T BELIEVE I GOT IT!!!!

I got the internship! I will be teaching 2nd grade starting in August at Legacy Elementary in American Fork! This means that I will have my very own classroom! I decide how to teach, how to decorate, what rules we have in the classroom, everything! I will get paid half salary for the year but it counts as my first year of teaching! I am freaking out! Am I ready for this? I guess I have to be, so I better get ready for one crazy and exciting year!!!!! HOORAY!

I have to say that I'm shocked I got it! I felt like my interview was awful!(guess I was being hard on myself as usual) they had 18 spots available but over 40 applied, that means that more than half got turned down! After my interview, I thought for sure that I would have been one of the ones being turned down, but apparently I made an impression cause I got the intern position! Woohoo!

4 comments:

bobandhaley said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats Lyn! Love you.

Jason and Shalise Staples said...

That is so great! And you are too hard on yourself sometimes-because you are smart and very capable.

Chelsey said...

YAY for you! SO exciting
(BTW...This is chelsey call. ha I found your blog through Shalise's)

The Mattei Family said...

I am so excited for you!! you'll have to tell me how it feels to be finally out of school and working in your chosen field. I bet it'll be great! Good luck not that you'll need it cuz you are so awesome with kids!!