Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Mar 2, 2012

Blast Off!

Great news! Drew and I just transfered two of the cutest little blastocysts (embryos in their blastocyst stage). We did a day 5 transfer on Thursday, which is awesome because the embryos are more fully developed on a day 5 transfer than on a day 3 transfer. Many of you might wonder why you wouldn't always wait until day 5? Not all embryos can make it to day 5 and you risk not being able to transfer any if you wait too long. We had 3 "Gorgeous Embryos" according to the doctor and a few more that were still growing.

The doctor said we had a choice between transfering one or two of the blasts. He explained that transfering 1 would give us about a 40% chance of getting pregnant. If we transferred two, we would have a 70% chance of getting pregnant but obviously our chances of twins also rises. Drew and I had already talked about this at length so we had the doctor transfer 2. The other embryos will be frozen.

So now I am on bedrest for the next few days or as my doctor's office calls it, "Princess Days." Drew took work off and has been waiting on me hand and foot. He is so amazing and I am so grateful for how good he is to me.

One of the things I was looking forward to at the doctors yesterday is for them to give me the news that I could stop my progesterone shots. That wish did not come true, in fact it was quite the opposite. I have to continue the shots every morning for at least another 2 weeks. If I am pregnant, which of course we are praying for, then I will have to continue the shots for another 9 weeks. AAAHHHH! But I am hoping to take the shots for another 9 weeks because that means I'm prego and it would be totally worth it, even though I probably will never be able to walk again since my hips are so sore.

So now Drew and I are onto the dreaded 2 week wait. It will be very hard not to look up "all things baby" on the internet. So my plan is to submerse myself in the scriptures, good books and look for fun lesson plans for the month of March. Drew and I also have our exciting trip to Orlando in a couple weeks, so I can plan our itinerary. I can't promise that I will be 100% faithful from staying away from cute baby things on pinterest, but I will try.

I know it definately sounds like I have my hopes up super high, which they are, but I am so very grateful that we have 5 more tries after this one if it is not meant to be this month.

Again, as always, I am grateful to my Heavenly Father and my Savior for being with Drew and I through this trial. Also to our family and friends who have been very supportive along the way. Thanks to all of you. We love you!

No comments: