Time Flies When You're Having Fun!

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Feb 11, 2013

SURPRISE!!!

For those of you who have been waiting on pins and needles for the last year to see if our IVF cycle worked.....SURPRISE....It did! I was pregnant and it turned out to be twins.  A boy and a girl. I got huge and had a very eventful pregnancy! But everything turned out okay.


This was taken one month before giving birth

My water broke in the middle of the night on October 5th. I was only 33 weeks and 6 days. I went to the hospital and gave birth naturally to Austin at 11:03 am and Quinn at 11:08 am. I'm shocked I was able to give birth naturally but I had no choice. My platelets were too low to receive an epidural. Hardest thing I've ever done but I did it! I AM HE-WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!

Austin
5 lbs
16 3/4 inches
Quinn
4.8 lbs
16 1/2 inches










Austin and Quinn had to spend 3 weeks in the NICU.  It was so hard.  I cried a lot.  It's not easy going back and forth and leaving without your babies that you have been with for the last almost 9 months.

Getting ready to take them home! FINALLY

Austin and Quinn's nurse, Patty. She took such great care of my babies!


Getting Austin ready to come home! He is so tiny!

They finally came home on oxygen and monitors on October 26.  Our house was filled with tubing and large oxygen tanks. Going to the doctor's office was ridiculous.  With 2 babies, 2 monitors and 2 oxygen tanks in tow I was grateful for my mom's help.

Halloween: Just a few days after we brought them home. Quinn is already sick of pictures!


It was a happy day when they got off their oxygen.  Quinn got off her monitor on Novemeber 26.  We are still waiting for Austin to get off his monitor.

Austin is usually our laid back little boy.  He is so smiley and lately loves to talk and talk. He is a good big brother and finds Quinn very entertaining. He has a lot of energy and loves to kick his feet 24/7.  His favorite toy is his mobile.  He just smiles and giggles at it whenever it's on.


Austin holding his teddy bear

Quinn is our Drama Queen or "Drama Quinn" as we like to call her.  She loves to be the center of attention and to be held.  She is pretty generous with the smiles though so you can't help but give her everything she wants. She loves her daddy, especially his silly songs. Looks like she'll be a daddy's girl.



I'll try to update more often but I make no promises. The Schowengerdt family is doing well and we are so ridiculously happy! Thanks for reading. Over and out.

3 comments:

Paige said...

We are so excited that you updated the blog! I can't believe they are 4 months old already. We are so glad that you guys made it through all that and now have 2 cute babies! They really are so adorable!

Oh and Carson says he wants to see Drew sing his silly songs...

bobandhaley said...

Happy to see an update! I need to come over soon now that I am hear for a while. Love ya Lyn!

Tati said...

Wow lyndee! How wonderful! I'm so incredibly happy for you!!! :)

Tati